The hones on this page are made by the Norton company. I buy them as sets, then cut them in quarters. They are referred to below as "Quarter Nortons".
Norton Quarter Hone Set
Even though it would cost me a sale, feel free to buy the full set at Amazon.com or StraightRazorDesigns.com. In my opinion, those are good deals! However, you have to have money to save money, and saving $50 or more buying the quarter Norton, for those of us on a budget is significant. If still interested, read on...
As sold, they are lapped and ready for use.
Even though the hones are smaller than a full size hone, they are 50% larger than the average barbers hone. You will have no problem honing straight razors. Even though short X passes are possible, you will probably use more circular motions than you would with a larger surface hone.
This "Quarter Norton" hone set includes the following items:
- Norton flattening stone (1-1/2" by 4-1/2")
- Norton Two-sided Hone 220/1000 (1.5" x 4")
- ---- Norton 220 grit hone ... gray color
- ---- Norton 1000 grit hone ... brown color
- Norton Two-sided Hone 4000/8000 (1.5" x 4")
- ---- Norton 4000 grit hone ... white color
- ---- Norton 8000 grit hone ... yellow color